You don’t have to leave home to get better at your game. Literally. Whether it’s winter where you are, a rainy day, or you simply want to get some extra work in later at night, it just takes a bit of creativity and you can make a ton of progress. Here are 5 ways you can improve your game significantly without even leaving your house!
- Ball Work Inside: Some functional technical work requires more space. But there’s a lot you can do to improve your touch, balance, coordination, and general ball control in a very small area. You can use a soccer ball, size 1 mini skills ball and/or tennis ball, and train barefoot or in shoes. In the Techne App, we have an entire section of Living Room Training sessions for this purpose. For a full rundown of all we offer in the app, check out How To Get The Most Out Of Techne.
- Bodyweight Strength & Core Work: Improving strength, mobility, and stability doesn’t require a gym. Much of the Physical Training in the Techne App doesn’t include any equipment and can be done fairly stationary. You can even work on explosive plyometrics and foot speed exercises at home. This type of work is vital not only for improving performance on the field but also reducing the risk of injury.
- Mental Training: If you aren’t regularly attending to the mental aspect of the game, start today! Just 10 minutes of focused time each day on areas like proper breathing, relaxation, focus, and visualization can have an amazing impact on your performance and ability to absorb your training. The more regularly you work on these skills, the more they’ll be available to you in big pressure moments when you need them most. Learn more about how to approach mental training here.
- Watch Soccer Games: One of the most important things you can do from home you can actually do right from your couch! Do you know why you should watch soccer? The best way to watch the game is to establish your favorite team(s) and players to watch, appreciate and enjoy. It’s great if you want to analyze tactics, but you’ll be surprised at what sinks in if you’re simply bought in and paying attention.
- Recovery: If you’re a serious soccer player, the important work doesn’t just happen when you’re training. It’s vital to take care of your body by stretching, foam rolling, eating well, hydrating, and getting enough sleep. Here are the Top 3 Tips For Soccer Recovery.
No excuses - keep improving at soccer during the winter!
New to Techne? Use code DECEMBER2021 any time this month to get an extra gift in your welcome package and 20% off your first purchase!
Download Techne for a free week and 20% off 2022.