The new year is a great time to re-evaluate your soccer goals and plan for how you’ll approach the year ahead. The Techne App can help you stay organized and motivated as you plan your training.
We recommend setting goals that are completely within your control. These are often called process goals. We also recommend goals that are easy to measure, so you can track if you’ve achieved them and reward yourself accordingly.
Here are 10 ideas for process goals you can commit to as you start your 2022 off strong!
- Build a training streak. Start today and log 10 minutes/day in the app.
- Make a plan for every week. Pick a day (maybe Sunday or Monday) when you’ll look at your week’s schedule and plan out what days and times you’ll train extra. You can use the Track page in the Techne App to set yourself reminders every week.
- Pick a focus for each month. Commit to identifying a specific focus at the beginning of each month. The easier to measure, the better. For example, you may want to do our Core Focus session once a week every week in January, and then in February focus on one of our shooting sessions.
- Improve your scores. Identify a Time Trial drill or set of them that you want to improve this year. Practice the same test each week and track your progress.
- Pick a team to follow. Choose a professional team to follow, if you don’t already have one. Save the team’s game schedule and do your best to watch them play each week.
- Get to a specific sock level. Do you know where you are in our Training Sock System? Identify what level you’d like to be at by the end of 2022. As you go, reward yourself with the training socks for the levels you surpass to wear while you practice.
- Complete This Week’s Session each week. Go through the entire Weekly Session throughout the week each week. You can break it up into sections to do parts each day, but be sure to complete each drill at least once during the week.
- Commit to weekly Mental Training. Select an amount of time you’d like to devote to the mental side of the game on a weekly basis. Make it a length of time you can commit to every week of the year.
- Reflect on your training each week. Choose a day (maybe Sunday or Monday) when you’ll do some reflection on your training from the week prior, and plan for the week ahead. It’s best to write down your notes each week, and set very specific goals as you go.
Hit a training goal for the year. Think big! How much can you commit to your extra training in 2022? If you do the math, just 10 minutes a day every day throughout the year is over 60 hours of extra training. Set yourself an overall goal for the year, and then break it down to how much you need to do each day or week to stay on track. Setting goals for soccer training is a great way to hold yourself accountable and stay on track!
Ready to train? Use the code BLOG for 20% off your first purchase!
Download the Techne App.